High testosterone and androgen levels in PCOS can be responsible for symptoms such as acne, hirsutism (male-pattern hair growth), androgenic alopecia (male-like baldness/hair thinning), mood issues, and irregular menstrual cycles.
HERE ARE THE 5 SUPPLEMENTS TO LOWER YOUR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
1. ZINC [20-30MCG DAILY]Zinc helps to reduce the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase which converts testosterone into a far more potent androgen called DHT (Dihydrotestosterone).
This will help to reduce excess hair, acne, mood changes, all associated with high testosterone levels.
2. DIM (DIINDOLYLMETHANE) [100MG DAILY]DIM is a natural substance caused by the digestion of vegetables such as kale and broccoli. DIM helps to block androgen receptors and inhibit the aromatase enzyme. This will help to better manage hirsutism (hair growth) and acne.
3. OMEGA-3 FISH OIL [FOLLOW PRODUCT PAGE INSTRUCTIONS]Omega-3 helps to reduce testosterone levels as it helps to regulate the menstrual cycle while also helping to increased SHBG levels, a protein which helps to regulate testosterone levels
Fish oil can also help to manage inflammation levels, insulin uptake, and leptin levels.
4. NAC (N-ACETYL-CYSTEINE) [600MG DAILY]NAC is important for overall hormonal health but, it also helps to reduce hirsutism, free testosterone levels, and regulating the menstrual cycle. Studies have also shown that NAC may be helpful for improving fertility chances.
5. SAW PALMETTO [250MG - 450MG DAILY]Saw Palmetto, especially when taken in combination with Zinc, has been shown to have really great results of reducing high testosterone symptoms.
It does this by reducing 5-alpha-reductase activity, the enzyme that makes DHT, responsible for symptoms such as hair loss, facial hair growth, acne, and menstrual irregularities.